Wednesday 15 August 2007

Time for Tea!

As promised yesterday, here is my latest layout, called Time for Tea! Its a bit of a light hearted layout about my family and their mild obsession with tea (especially my brother who has about 15 cups a day!). I used pics from our recent visit to Eastbourne when we had to get a cup of tea pretty much as soon as we got out of the car so made use of the tea rooms on the front.



I used Scenic Route Newport papers (which, as with all Scenic Route, are absolutely gorgeous) to cut out random blocks for the background, based on an initial rough sketch. The title is part handcut, part printed on acetate. The stamps I have used are a See D's set, Hats off to You! for the little teapots and a Lil Davis one for the journalling stamp. I've obviously got hooked on the 'embroodling' effect because I decided to use it again here, accentuated with the pearl brads.

The journalling reads:

Sometimes, the only thing that will do is a nice cup of tea! Eastbourne, August 2007

I have now really got to get on with my CJ entry, which is all planned out but needs to be put into action - and then I can work on my mini book for the creative team, which I also have some good ideas for. And I suppose I really ought to find time for some planning for the next school year too at some point! :(

1 comment:

  1. WOW what stunning pages you make- I must visit again!

    ReplyDelete