Tuesday, 31 July 2007
Monday, 30 July 2007
Monday, 16 July 2007
Saturday, 14 July 2007
I used Basic Grey Phoebe papers and my Autumn Leaves flower stamps to create the embellishments. I considered add a bit more detail with brads but decided against it (though I will probably go back and do so - I ended up adding stitching to my At the Farm layout after I had uploaded it on here!).
The journalling reads:
While a trip to the seaside was probably our favourite choice for a day out, we all enjoyed a picnic, especially in this beautiful spot by the riverbank at Runnymede. Many happy hours were spent playing there.
Unfortunately due to the fading light the photo hasn't really done the colours justice - the green is much more vibrant in real life.
Thursday, 12 July 2007
Wednesday, 11 July 2007
Tuesday, 10 July 2007
Sunday, 8 July 2007
What I have been doing:
- Going to the Year 11 prom - the kids all looked great in their posh clothes and it was a real nice send off for them. End of school dances are getting more popular now -this is only the third at our school but they have been really successful so far.
- Dancing the night away to a band called Airbag in Escape bar in Coventry on Friday night - its always good to hear a bit of live music and they did some excellent covers.
- Driving down to my mum and dad's and getting stuck in a load of traffic on the way.
- Seeing my Grandad for the first time in ages (he is 91 and the best Grandad ever - see him in the picture of my last layout)
- Visiting the Hampton Court Flower Show with Ed and my mum. The displays were fab and so many gorgeous plants. We went to see the garden that Ed had been involved in building. I nearly had a fit when we got there and I realised I had forgotton my camera - so many missed photo opportunities!
But here is a little piccie from the website of what the garden looked like. It was built for a coffee company with steam coming out of the middle and fake coffee beans etc and the swirl is meant to be the top of the coffee. It is based on the Fibonacci sequence and was apparently a nightmare to build - working out the measurements can't have been fun!
So driving back to Coventry this evening, only two more weeks of work then off to Tuscany for a week...
Thursday, 5 July 2007
Tuesday, 3 July 2007
The trouble is that when I sat down to scrap earlier, I realised that I seem to be completely without inspiration. Now I like everyone have had times when a layout has been difficult to come together and takes longer than usual to fall into place. But at least I've always had a vision for how I want it to turn out. But right now I don't even have that! Still, I have scrapbook class tomorrow night and hopefully I will be able to formulate some page ideas there.
Meanwhile, for those who suffer the same lack of inspiration as me, here are some blogs I like to take a look at to push me back into action. Firstly, PageMaps is fab. It is full to the brim with sketches for layouts, cards and various other bits and bobs which even a complete beginner could use to put a layout together. So far I haven't exactly followed a sketch but I may well try it to kickstart my scrapping mojo again!
Secondly, for those bored of conventional layouts and looking for a slightly different project, Craft TV Weekly has a great archive of instructions for mini-books, journals and altered art. They also give ideas for ways to jazz up normal 12 by 12s. The best thing about this site is that you can watch the video as well as download the instructions which is always helpful, particularly if like me you struggle with measuring and accuracy!
And finally, for those who want to break away from the old one big photo style of scrapbooking as I have been doing recently, I discovered this blog, Multi Photo Scrapbook Layout Gallery, which showcases some of the best in, yeah you've guessed it, multi photo scrapbook layouts!
Anyway, lets hope my scrapping mojo returns soon, and if you have any tips for me to break the block then please leave me a comment, any advice is much appreciated!
Sunday, 1 July 2007
I wore a fabby dress from New Look which would surely make a truly delicious scrapbook paper! However, looking back over the pictures I am struck again by the poor quality of a lot of the shots. I'm really going to have to read up on my digital photography techniques.