Wednesday 29 August 2007

My China

Here is a layout called My China, about a trip to a Chinese Restaurant in Coventry of the same name that we made for my 25th Birthday this year. The photos all came out a bit blurred unfortunately - the lighting wasn't very good but my aversion to using the flash (it makes everything look washed out) meant that a few glasses of wine and we weren't exactly holding the camera steady. Even so, I think this layout has made the best of them.
I used Basic Grey Phoebe papers for this one, as well as Blooms and embellishments from the August Boomin Blossoms kit by Rebecca's Scrapbooking Stash. The little birds peeking out from the flowers are cut from the Basic Grey paper.

The title is handcut using a free font I found which is rather appropriately called 'Chinese Takeaway'! Its got an oriental feel but also looks modern which is ideal.

On another note, the end of holiday blues are really starting to kick in now - I so don't want to go back to work, I think I have forgotton how to teach! Also I got up this morning at 6.45 to make Ed's sandwiches for work which I had forgotton to make last night and it reminded me how much I hate getting up in the mornings :( Admittedly, I didn't go to bed till 1 last night, but even so. Anyway, enough of my rant.
I'm starting to ponder over whether to join in Shimelle's new class on her website. I still haven't made my mini book from the last one yet but I do have all the PDFs saved for making several different style books which is nice to have. However, I am also trying to decide whether to subscribe to the Back Porch Memories kit from America and I don't think I can do both. Decisions, decisions!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Layout, love all the flowers!

    xxxMarieke

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word, you're good at this! Ever considered being an art teacher too?...

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete