Friday 31 August 2007

Girls Night

I completed this layout last night. Its called Girls Night, and is about an evening spent with my sister and our friend Nicola a few weeks before her recent wedding. The evening was good fun as we spent our time catching up and gossiping, but as my journalling shows, I ended up feeling a bit nostalgic for the times in our teens when we would get dolled up and go dancing at the weekends. Its only 7 years on but already it feels like those days are lost, which is a little sad.

I wanted to use some of the Junkitz Salsa paper I had ordered in the First Class Crafts sale, so decided to go for the darker paper which has lovely concentric circle designs on it.

I had been meaning to try making my own felt embellishments for a while now, so I cut them out with a cuttlebug die I had ordered off ebay. I've got to say, these dies are brilliant - they cut so easily, far better than thin cuts or sizzlets. I made felt flowers out of three different coloured felts and arranged them around the layout, along with a few brads. I decided to stitch around the top, as the title (which is handcut from PussyCat font) looked a bit lost without the border.

It was actually a very easy layout to complete. Its not my favourite layout, but I do like the felt flowers and the sentiments in my journalling.

I'm going in to work later today - I need to prepare a few things before Monday and also ease myself back in a bit. So no crafting this afternoon unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment