Saturday 3 November 2007

I hate marking!

What a week its been, I can honestly say I don't think I've ever marked so many books, projects and assessments in such a short space of time before! Unfortunately, this is what happens when you let everything build up and don't do any work over half term. Its not been a bad return to work though, and at least the countdown to Christmas can officially begin.

As far as scrapping goes, the only thing I have to share with you all is this CJ entry which I completed during the week. Its on the theme of shoes. Now, I have a bit of a strange attitude to shoes. I have really bad feet - just the tiniest bit of leather or lining out of place in a shoe and I will at best have a blister, at worst a cut foot and a bloody shoe (no exaggeration!). And don't even get me started on heels! So I tend to always go for flat shoes for work, in the ballet pump style, usually bought from New Look, which is like my ultimate saviour for nicely fitting (and affordable) shoes. I do however have lots of very sparkly shoes, which I guess is my way of making up for never being able to buy all the gorgeous heels you see in magazines and on the feet of girls who clearly have either skin like leather on their feet or a higher pain threshold than me! So my CJ entry is about those sparkly shoes.

In other scrapping news, I have received lots of new DT stuff to be getting on with, including some lovely Basic Grey christmas stuff from Papermaze and more beautiful Dream Street papers from Rebecca. Now just to find some Christmas pictures, think I may have to raid my mum and dad's photos again as I've not taken many in recent years...

1 comment:

  1. I hate marking too...the worst thing about teaching.

    I've been at it for two days now trying to get up to date for parent's evening tomorrow. I'm just holding on to the hope of being able to do some scrapping after that!

    Don't let it get you down too much :)

    ReplyDelete