Monday 12 November 2007

A busy weekend...

So I thought it was about time I shared what I got up to at the weekend - it was a really busy one but I enjoyed it all.

My mum came to visit so that we could go to the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC on Saturday - I had never been before so I wanted to go and check out some of the bits and pieces I want in real life before I buy them over the internet if you know what I mean! This is my mum and me:



Unfortunately, I found the show a bit disappointing - there was very little for the scrapbooker, with most stalls tending to be geared towards the cardmaker and a lot of stalls sold the same things like the Papermania totes. I had been hoping to see some really cool paper designs as its not always easy to tell if you like them on the internet but there was very little scrapbooking paper at all! Oh well, I managed to pick up a little album and some packs of buttons which I was pleased with. We did enjoy the Crafts for Christmas show though - a totally eclectic mix of handmade items which really appealed to both me and my mum (and we might have picked up some sweeties from the handmade liquorice stall as well!).

Then on Sunday we went to see Ed play the last post and reveille at the memorial service in Coventry - he played beautifully, even though the wind was strong and kept whipping the banner on his trumpet around!

I've now managed to put together this little lot for my christmas journal for Shimelle's online class - it'll be the first time I've done this and I'm really looking forward to it. Some of the stash is the bits I managed to pick up at the NEC, but the massive pile of papers was part of my prize from the BOB competition which included LOADS of Basic Grey papers.

And finally, here are two more of my Learn Something New Everyday entries. First of all, we have September 17th. Now, I'm not known for my love of exercise as anybody who has tried to walk up a certain mountain in Wales with me will know. So when I agreed to play badminton with a couple of our mates I wasn't exactly expecting to enjoy it. But we had a wicked laugh and it turned out to be quite good fun. Although the only part of me that felt like it had had any exercise afterwards was my right arm which ached for a day!


September 18th was the day when I sat down after work to design a couple of worksheets for lessons the following day, only for the school network to crash as I was trying to upload them, meaning I had to do them all again. So the lesson for that day: Never trust that a computer will save your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment