Wednesday 7 November 2007

Cropping...or not!

I went to my weekly Wednesday crop tonight and guess what? Other than the usual class page I achieved absolutely nothing! Jacqui, our crop organiser had a bunch of Creating Keepsakes magazines however, so I read through those to grab some inspiration from the States. I'm not so much of a fan of the the style of scrapping in this magazine as I am of our British style (which tends to be more eclectic and messy, suiting me down to the ground!). But it is interesting to read a magazine which is really well put together.
I've decided to join up to the Shimelle Journal Your Christmas class. I really enjoyed the September 'Learn Something New Every Day' class (which I've just realised I didn't finish sharing with you all, so thats something I'll be doing over the next few days!) and thought it would be lovely to have a Christmas mini album which is similar. I'm initially planning on doing an 8x8 size album, although I am a little concerned that it may prove a bit daunting if I'm expected to do a prompt a day. Still, I usually use the weekends to catch up a bit, and it might be ok. Have a fair bit of Basic Grey christmas stash which I received as part of my Best of British prize, however I might find that I need to add a few pages...
Off to the NEC at the weekend hopefully, mum is coming to visit so I will be dragging her around the exhibits and introducing her to the world of crafting. I'm sure she'll love it, I mean, who doesn't enjoy stash shopping???

No comments:

Post a Comment