Friday 23 November 2007

Battlefields and Seasides...

An odd title for a post but the next two pages of my Circle Journal are about days spent away from home or work. The first documents a trip with Year 8 to Bosworth Battlefield which I will never forget! Year 8 are an 'interesting' year group to say the least but when we got all the kids lined up in reception there were only 3 girls to around 30 boys! How did we let this happen you might ask? Who knows, but that has got to be one of the most tiring days in my school career.



The boys were so hyperactive we had to ban them from going to the shop to buy more goodies. One boy bought a multipack of sweets along for his lunch - no sandwiches, no apples, just sweets - and he has got ADHD! (little wonder if that is his usual diet). Fortunately, Bosworth Battlefield is a big place and the walk down the hill to the place where Richard III was slain was useful in helping to wear them all out. They learned a lot though - I've just marked their assessments and was pleasantly surprised by how much they had taken in during the day. But the title of my page just had to be: School Trips can leave you Shell-Shocked! Because thats certainly how I felt by the end of the day...




The second page of the day has got to be one of my favourites from the whole album. That Friday evening me and my friend Corey drove down to one of our uni friends to stay at her flat. She lives in Brighton and it always fills me with such envy as its got to be one of my favourite places to be and I would love to live there too (though I've got to admit, I don't envy the house prices and the inability to get on the property ladder). This picture was taken on another day but it sums up my feelings about the place well and makes for a lovely page.
I plan on having a productive weekend - I have a few projects in the pipeline and want to get them done before I get swept up in Shimelle's Christmas journal project in December. I'm really looking forward to it now but have started to realise I'm going to need a different album - I just don't think the one I've got is going to expand enough for all my bulky pages! So the search begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment