Friday 30 November 2007

Creative Team Work

So these are the pages are made for Rebecca's Scrapbooking Stash recently - they've been up on the website a little while but I always like to share the background to my pages on my blog too.


Rebecca gave me this totally different paper to work with called Bella Donna and to be honest it took me straight out of my comfort zone - it wouldn't have been my first choice if browsing a shop but its amazing what you can do if you are forced to use paper you wouldn't go for yourself. The first page I made was a really long process - I just knew I would have to do something special with a sheet of paper with a huge design making up the bulk of the paper - it couldn't be cut up easily so it would have to become a feature. I decided that it looked vaguely mystical and decided to do a layout about my beliefs - I backed the design with black and white cardstock and removed the centre of the design, replacing it with a transparency printed with a close up of me. I then journalled round the edge of the page and hand wrote my title on one side - some pearl brads finished it off. Its such a totally different page for me but I think it works ok.


The other page was less hard work for me - a simple 8.5x11 for my cat album - my cat Elmo is such a little 'girl' and I wanted to record her daintiness with a pretty pink layout. The blooms are of course Rebecca's speciality and the layout is really quite simple, being finished off with a few hand drawn lines. Again, a different sort of style for me but I guess thats what this Creative Team lark is all about!

1 comment: