Wednesday 21 November 2007

Knitting for dummies...

So what have I been up to in the last few days. Well, we decided to have a bit of a marathon film watching session on Sunday and Monday night, as we still hadn't seen Spiderman 3 or (shock, horror!) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. So while we were sat watching these blockbusters, I decided to get out the hat that I started knitting MONTHS ago (those who have been reading this blog for a while may remember the photo of the half finished hat!). And now I have a gorgeous little mohair pink hat which I have adorned with an old brooch and which I really love - and lets face it, noone will have the same hat as me! Here are some pictures of the finished masterpiece, its got a few little flaws but who's counting? I may even start another item now, although the thing I liked about the hat was that it had no increase stitches which in my opinion can only be a good thing! My increases always look a bit shabby. But practice makes perfect and all that...

Apologies for the poor quality, the photos were taken last night, and not only was I not looking my best, but I had to take the shots myself - not a bad effort really!

So onto more of my journal pages tomorrow, now I think I will have to go comfort Ed as the football score is looking decidedly scarey...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love the hat by the way, the brooch looks fab! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas Journal.

    ReplyDelete