Tuesday 26 June 2007

Play Doh Fun!

So here is my latest layout, titled Play Doh Fun for obvious reasons! When we were kids we got a Play Doh hair factory (or something like that) as a present which involved squeezing play doh through plastic dolls heads. Sounds wierd but was actually really good fun :)



I used Basic Grey Lollipop Shoppe and Scenic Route Laurel papers as a backdrop for the layout, and then stamped lots of heart embellishments using my Autumn Leaves stamps. I attached some of these with foam pads to add texture. Before sticking these down I stamped using my Basic Grey flourishes stamps all around the layout and arranged the hearts over these. To add a bit of interest, I followed the lines of the flourishes with tiny buttons from the Papermania button caddy. The title is handcut from the Lollipop Shoppe paper and edged with a Sakura gel pen for definition. It was surprisingly easy to cut this font, which is called Matisse and came with my Word program.

The journalling is on a tag I stamped using my doodle tag stamps. I used some matching backing paper (though on reflection this makes it somewhat difficult to read). It says:



Remember: the amazing crazy hair machine? You put the Doh in, attached the plastic person and squeezed! Out came loads of wiggly hair - it looked just like spaghetti!



I actually really like this layout which is surprising as it took a while to get started - I just couldn't arrange the patterned papers and photos properly and resorted to drawing a sketch of what I saw in my mind's eye. As soon as I had done this it fell together really easily - I think I might just start sketching all my layouts from now on as its certainly an easier way of ensuring your layout is balanced.



I really am totally devoted to my Autumn Leaves stamps - I feel like a one woman promotion team for the company at the moment but they really are fabby! You can create so many embellishments out of them which in the long run saves you money as you are not spending on all the other bits and bobs that usually make up a layout. Perhaps I will get bored of them one day...but not in the forseeable future!

No comments:

Post a Comment