Sunday 17 June 2007

Pink

I've had quite a busy weekend again. Yesterday we had to take Ed's car into the garage again which meant another traumatic drive around the Coventry ring road for me again. While we were waiting to pick the car up we went into town and I decided to spend my Waterstone's book vouchers on two books: Fitted Knits and The Happy Hooker. Believe it or not, I was a knitting fan way back before I discovered scrapbooking. My Nan taught me to knit when I was young and I used to knit all sorts of little toys and things. So I've decided to rekindle my interest and start knitting a few things that I can actually wear. The fitted knits book is a little advanced for me at the moment so I'm starting off with a pattern from a book I already own: The Knitter's Bible knitted accessories. The plan is to make a hat first and see how it turns out. I'm not the most patient or accurate person in the world so it will be interesting to see the finished result.

Of course, scrapbooking is still my main preoccupation and I completed this layout this morning, titled Pink. Its a bit of a frivolous subject matter, just commenting on the fact that all little girls seem to love this colour but at least it means all our photos are coordinated! I used a sheet of Basic Grey Perhaps paper which I chopped up to make the frame, most of which is mounted with sticky foam to make it raised. I used a couple of the ribbons from the Little Silver Hat kit and a Monogram and some letter stickers and thats about it. It didn't take very long to put together which makes for a nice change!

No comments:

Post a Comment