Friday 4 July 2008

A very special delivery!

Another week over, and I'm so glad we only have two weeks left till the Summer hols. Not that I want to wish my life away, but I'm shattered, the kids are fed up and we are all just counting down the days and going through the motions at school. I did however go on a school trip today which has to be one of the best ones I've been on - the year ten kids were fantastic and just a dream to take around the old workhouse (yes I know, not exactly the most glamorous of locations!).

I have managed to produce another page, its a bit of an experimental one really and the idea for it just came to me when I was laughing at the two gorgeous photos that feature on the page. I don't know if anyone else finds that their cats just love investigating the packaging of whatever scrap-related delivery I've recently received. My cats do, and we got these fantastic shots of them playing in a discarded pizza box. Hence my title, A Very Special Delivery!




I made this layout using brown packing paper, old book paper and mod podge which I attached to the page and then inked up a bit. I then stapled string across the page, attached my pics and then stamped a title using paint. There is a little bit of bubble wrap stamping there too if you look closely. It almost reminds me of a heritage layout with its colours, but its far from it! I haven't worked in such muted shades for ages, but it just seemed to fit nicely :)

I've not got much planned this weekend other than a haircut, so time to chill and recharge my batteries ready for another busy week at school, involving parent days and also a year ten trip to Alton Towers. This could be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment