Tuesday 1 July 2008

In the Land of Nod...

Just a quick post today, as I thought I would share another layout that I've made, just for fun, and guess what? It stars Bert again! I had such a cute photo I'd taken of him sleeping when I'd covered him with a throw and I decided I wanted to make a layout reminiscient of a children's picture book, with bold outlines and lots of stamping. I went for a monotone shade of pale orange. Unfortunately the scan has made the light yellow bits stand out more because they were raised off the page, but you get the overall effect. This is also the first time I've tried out my sewing machine. I don't like it as much as my old seventies Singer (which felt much chunkier and robust - it did after all weigh a ton!) but it'll do fine, once I've got used to it.




Had a pretty ropey day at work today, so I'm going to chill out with some ice cream then take a good long bath. Hope you have a lovely, relaxing evening too.

4 comments:

  1. Aww Bert is a cutie :o) Love the layout too!

    And of course I don't mind you adding my link. Is it ok if I do the same?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of this Lo and the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo doesn't Bert look sooo cute!!!!I love the LO....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Chloe, I am lovin your cat layouts, they are fab x

    Thank you for your comment on my blog, I got my AC albums from make the moment last I think (they were on sale!) and the page protectors were from paperarts!

    HTH

    xx

    ReplyDelete