Thursday 17 July 2008

My inspiraton layout...

I've been a very busy scrapper, and have acutally managed to get another layout done - my double layout for Shimelle's class, about my inspiration. I stuck with green's and pinks for this layout (its come out a bit bright in the scan) and decided to add butterflies which are supposed to show my inspiration soaring...





For some reason, I couldn't get the scanned pages to stitch together exactly, but its not too bad and gives you the general impression of them as they look when they are in my album.



Today's blog prompt was an odd one - what quirk do we have that explains what inspires us was the way I read it. So I suppose my quirk would have to be my obsession with sixties music -whether it be American Motown or British guitar bands - and this is reflected in the tunes I choose to listen to when I create, and the fact that I selected the Beatles as one of my biggest inspirations.


The only reason this is a quirk is because I am only 26 and therefore way too young to have listened to any of these bands when they were actually playing. But maybe there are some other youngsters out there who are equally inspired?


In other news, only one more day to go before my six weeks of school holidays start, and I think I'm starting to count down the hours...

7 comments:

  1. another fab LO love the pic of the beatles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Dig the butterfly & what it represents! Your paper looks great & I have a similar pic of books, lol. I was born in the 60's but consider myself a deadhead & LOVE John (actually saw Ringo & All Star Band) - so I understand that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great layout - I think the butterfly is quite inspired! Can I just ask what stamps you're using for your titles - I like the fun element they give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it Clo Clo, where did you get the shelves to hold all your paper Id love something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of photos. Love how your pages flow effortlessly

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab layout! love the colours and the title is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, especially the funky title. I too have always loved the Beatles!

    ReplyDelete