Monday 7 July 2008

Time...

So the first prompt for Shimelle's new class is to record the passage of time in our lives. Seeing as I'm not ALL that old, and I've already worked quite a lot on albums of my childhood, I didn't want to focus on the passing of years, rather the everyday passing of time. So I went around the house photographing the different timepieces that keep my life in order. So here goes - please be prepared for some seriously bad photograpy - I may have a GCSE in the subject but this seems to make no difference to my ability to use a compact digital camera. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford an SLR...

So first up, we have my bedside clock - this is for telling the time late at night normally as its actually Ed's phone alarm that gets us up in the morning. I lost the front of the clock when moving into this house, so it has its battery all exposed (tres pretty).



Then we have a detail from the July page of our Rotten Veg calendar which my mum bought me for this year. I'm afraid I just love the cards with these vegetables on and the calendar was just too much to resist...



This clock gets used way too much in my day, with all the time wasted on the computer in the evenings, and if anyone can tell me how to get a good shot of a computer screen please let me know!



The oven timer gets used practically everyday, except when we have takeaways! Or beans on toast...



This is the main clock in our house - it hangs above the calendar in our kitchen, and I always glance at it in the morning when I'm trying to eke out the time spent over my breakfast and GMTV before I absolutely HAVE to leave for work.

This is our living room clock - I bought it in the Next sale years ago and I have to admit that its mainly used for decoration rather than time-telling these days as I always forget to change the batteries in it...

This is my little lifesaver, my mobile phone. Right at the start of the year my watch broke and I never replaced it, so all my classes get timed on this little fella and its my chief means of telling the time when I'm out and about.

Finally, we have the timekeepers by which I run my working life - my school timetable and my planner. Of course, there are less than two weeks left for these - I get brand new ones in September again when they become totally vital for several weeks until I memorise my classes.

And that, as they say, is that. Now I'm off to look for suitable travel photographs...

15 comments:

  1. really dig all of the clocks you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think your photos look great - the lighting in your place is just awesome! My house is so dark, as it is shaded by huge, old trees, so my photos always look really gloomy. But, yours are bright and cheerful - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics they look good to me

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are great photos - i especially love the big main clock. I'm going to have to do mine tomorrow - just got home and the light is so terrible, I can't get any of them to come out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great post of all your clocks/timekeepers! I guess you're counting down to the holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great clock photos - and I really *love* your previous post "going back". Do what you love!
    {L}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're being too hard on yourself Chloe, your photos look great! The one of the big clock on the wall is fab. Can't wait to see what you do with the pics now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the photos, you look so organised!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think your photos are great. I took some similiar ones, although your oven is much cleaner than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waw, so many clocks in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great - love those clock pics - and great haircut too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog and the all those fab clock / time related piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That rotten veg calendar is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are all so great! love that rotten veggie calander. =)

    ReplyDelete