Tuesday 15 May 2007

Summer

Well, its been a wet and horrible Tuesday so what better than to remind everybody that beautiful Summer days can happen in England! This photo was taken in the summer of 1988. It shows me and my sister enjoying the weather in the back garden - we always used to get the travel rug out to sit on (and occasionally do gymnastics on too if we were feeling particularly energetic).

I used my new Scenic Route Charlotte papers - they are double sided so you get a lot of patterns for your money. I handcut the title and embellished using buttons and butterfly images stamped onto the patterned papers and cut out.

The journalling isn't too clear - it is written on the bottom section of the patterned paper and is a series of recollections about the Summer. It reads:

Remember: Long hot days, No school or playgroup, Playing with My Little Ponies, Daddy doing our hair so gently, Waiting for the baby, Missing our Mummy.

It was on the 21st August that Summer that our little brother was born and our mum had to go into hospital some time before hand. To little girls of 6 and 4 it seemed like forever and we missed her loads. I'm quite pleased with the page - the colours are perfect for the subject and I love my stamped butterflies (Autumn Leaves and See D's stamps this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment