Sunday 13 May 2007

My Circle Journal

Well its been a few day since I have blogged, and this is mainly because I wanted to finish my Circle Journal so I could post all the pages at once. I have yet to finish my own double page but the rest of the book is done and here it is.

The theme of the journal is 'Defining Songs'. Each participant will have to complete a double page on a song that takes them back to a significant time or event in their lives.

I chose to use Basic Grey Blush papers for the journal as I love the colours of these and also had some scraps left over from my '2 peas in a pod' layout. The actual book is a 7 Gypsies mini book (from www.scrapbookingcastle.co.uk) which I painted with acrylic paints. The book rings are decorated with a selection of ribbons I bought at a crop last week. Other than the papers, I also used Basic Grey letter stickers and chipboard mini monograms, and Autumn Leaves Gypsy and Flourishes stamps. I am in love with these at the moment - the designs are gorgeous and they produce beautiful prints without smudging.

The journal isn't decorated in a musical theme. This is partly because I didn't have any musical embellishments but also because I didn't want to push people into sticking to entirely 'musical' pages. This journal isn't like the traditional 'What is your favourite song' CJ theme. I want the participant to offer me a snapshot of a time in their lives which they look back on fondly or with sadness. The songs are meant to be used to evoke those memories and to show how powerful an effect music can have on our recollections. This is outlined on the introductory page.

Its been a busy weekend. Yesterday was the 60th Anniversary of the Coventry Corps of Drums. My partner Ed is Trumpet Major in the band and they celebrated with a family fun day involving displays by different bands. The Corps were great as always - their display was really effective (despite the dwindling numbers of the Corps) and they sounded fantastic. As always, I was really proud of Ed and his talent as a trumpeter. I have lots of photos which I hope to share later on in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment