Friday 4 May 2007

At the Grove


Well I finally finished the layout I have been working on all week. Its a lovely photo taken by my dad of my mum, my sister and me feeding the ducks at the park. The park in question is beautiful and holds loads of happy memories for me - it has two man made ponds and a stream as well as wooded areas where squirrels nest and will come right up to you and eat out of your hand. We spent a lot of time there as children and it always makes me happy to go back. My mum is lucky enough to work in an office in the grounds there now.


For the layout, I used my Scenic Route Laurel papers, Autumn Leaves stamps (Gypsy and Flourishes) and some Papermania buttons (they do new sets of buttons in tubes, check out Stamps.co.uk). The journalling is all on a tag hidden behind the main photo. I really loved the little birds on the papers and they were ideal embellishments for this layout. The title is handcut. I used a bit of string that tied up a 7 Gypsies mini album for the tag - I tried to use coloured fibres but couldn't get them to sit right!
I'm hoping to get a layout or two done tomorrow as it is National Scrapbooking Day. Though I'm sure that Ed would say every day is scrapbooking day in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment