Friday 18 May 2007

Can we hold the baby?

I sat down last night to try and break my scrappers block and this was the layout I came up with. I finished it off tonight and have had to take the picture in poor light so I may take a better one tomorrow and update it then.

The layout is called 'Can We Hold the Baby?' and is about our first visit to the hospital to see our new baby brother Steven in August 1988. While pink and green might seem a strange choice for a layout about the birth of a baby boy, the sentiment of the layout is more about me and my sister's excitement at finally being able to hold the baby after everyone else had had a go!

I used my Scenic Route papers which I handcut lots of hearts from (I used the same templates I had made for the hearts in my Circle Journal). I stitched a strip of cardstock to the page and then stitched some wavy line borders to the top and bottom of the page. The title is handcut too using Script MT Bold and Georgia fonts (my regulars - I always use these). There are no other embellishments on the page which makes it quite a flat one for me - I am still considering sewing on my favourite old staple, buttons, but have run out of pink ones!

I am hoping I will now be able to scrap the photo of my mum and brother at the hospital but still struggling with this one I admit. I want to do it blue but for some reason I find this a really difficult colour to scrap in - heaven forbid I should have a family of boys later as it will cause me scrapbook despair!

No comments:

Post a Comment