Monday 7 May 2007

My Daddy

While Ed has been away on a stag do all weekend I've had the opportunity to do some serious scrapping. I completed the Thursday's Child layout and then began this one, 'Daddy', also for my growing up album. Its a bit like a tribute to my dad, who I don't have so many photos of due to the fact that he was always behind the camera taking great photos of us (a fact which he keeps reminding me now I have come to scrap them!). The shot was taken in my nan and grandad's back garden, and due to the less than glamorous backdrop of my grandad's outhouse and some washing on the line, I decided to make a really decorative frame of embellishments to focus the attention on to me and my Dad.

The paper is from the Basic Grey Lily Kate range, I think its called Mia - I cut as many images as I could from the one sheet. Its mounted on Papermania card which I inked up quite heavily using a Whispers ink pad. The buttons and brads are also Papermania (I am totally in love with their pearl brads at the moment, they are completely gorgeous!). I also used quite a lot of paper piercing to mimic the design of the paper. The title is handcut in a simple Script Mt Bold font, and I drew round the inner edges in gel pen.


The journalling is in three blocks (I originally intended one but needed the other two to balance the page and also because I didn't have enough room to say everything I wanted in the bottom section). It reads:


Me and my dad in Nanny and Grandad's back garden circa 1984

I don't have as many photos of you as I'd like Dad - you tended to be the one behind the camera! But I do remember how you chased us round the big tree at the Oaks park. How you used to tell us 'Billy Green' stories. How you used to 'magic' us chocolate at Christmas. Thanks for being such a great Dad.

Daddy, I am so lucky to be your daughter. Loved you then, Love you now, Love you always.


I have now GOT to make the covers and first pages for my CJ, I seem to lack inspiration at the moment. I have always been better at large scale layouts, even when I was doing my Art A level I always found big Acrylic paintings for easier than delicate watercolours. But hey, its good to get out of my comfort zone and try something a bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment