Saturday 15 September 2007

A day to myself

Well, an afternoon at least. Ed has gone off to the football and I have managed to get another few pages of my journal done - I'm nearly up to date now. In the meantime, here are another couple of pages for you.
The first page is about my attempts this year to try and be more prepared at work. I have a 'Things to do Today' book and I'm actually trying to use it. It does make me more organised, but I don't know how long it will last!

My second page is also about work, but about knowing my strengths, weaknesses and limitations as a teacher. I went into the profession through a love of my subject and this is what drives me when I plan and deliver lessons. Of course, I love working with the kids and hearing their opinions on things - there is nothing better than helping one of them succeed. However, I am not at my strength when faced with a child who is particularly needy but who does not accept help readily. Of course, with a child like this endless patience and persistence is required, but when faced with a class of 30, endless supplies of these virtues are not always present. I will continue to do my best. But I'm not sure it will ever be enough for this boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment