Tuesday 13 May 2008

Grown...

A layout I created using the new BoBunny line, Teen Chic, went up over at Papermaze's blog yesterday so I can finally share some scrapping with you here. I made this layout about my sister and how much she has changed as we have grown up and how proud I am of her - she is very dynamic, confident and adventurous and I admire her for that - its so different to the way I think of her as a little girl.



I got really grungy with paint for this one - I'm not a big fan of using black on my layouts so I wanted to tone it down and not make it so stark. The papers were a bit distressed anyway so it was easy to blend them in. This layout really evolved during the creating process - sometimes I can sit down and 'see' a finished project in my head, but with this one I really couldn't - making it all the more difficult to photograph step by step instructions!

I tried out several different techniques, from dry-brushing with paint to doodling (little circles to accentuate several areas of my layout). Its not my all time favourite, but its different and new and that is what is important to me at the moment. Unfortunately the photos isn't great - I've got the glare of an artificial light coming off the photo which is always annoying. But you get the idea...

I just finished my mini album about Florence and I'm totally in love with it! I will photograph it tomorrow to send onto Papermaze and hopefully will be able to share it on here not long after (though I do have about 5 or 6 pages which I've done as part of my DT work which I'm still waiting to share on here so it may be a little longer than I hope for!).

Now, DT assignments are out of the way, and perhaps I can actually scrap with one of my kits for a change...

1 comment:

  1. Love the layout, so funky and like you say different................it still has your unique style though!

    ReplyDelete