Sunday 29 April 2007

2 Peas in a Pod!

Well its turned out to be quite a nice relaxed Sunday. Ed was a bit(!) hungover after his birthday celebrations last night so he got treated to bacon sandwiches and tea in bed this morning. We don't usually get to spend Sunday mornings together because he usually has band practice but he took the day off in honour of his birthday (and his bad head!). We went out for a meal at a pub by the canal. It was a really pretty location but not very warm - I don't know where yesterday's sunshine went. I am definitely feeling like booking a week on a canal boat in the Summer though, its so peaceful and thats just what you need after 7 weeks teaching!

When we got back I decided to finish off this layout, 2 peas in a pod. Its another for my growing up album and shows me and my sister in matching outfits hanging out in our old cot. I guess my sister was probably still sleeping in it at that point. The journalling is about all the cute little outfits our mum used to dress us in - either exactly the same or with different colour versions of the same outfit. I used my new Basic Grey Blush papers for this and discovered that one of them almost exactly matches the pattern on the padding of our old cot - how very co-ordinating of me! Other than that its pretty much stamping (using Autumn Leaves stamps) and painting. The title is handcut using scraps of the papers.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to take part in the Cyber Crop due to the birthday celebrations. I have however downloaded the class instructions so I might have a go at some of them later. I'll just have to wait for the next cyber crop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment