Friday 15 February 2008

Oh, What a Night!

So it was Valentines day yesterday and me and Ed decided to treat ourselves to a night at the theatre. The other day we bought tickets to a musical playing in Birmingham called Oh, What a Night! - its basically all seventies disco tunes put together to form a plot about dance auditions in a nightclub. It was a good night, although probably not as strong a show as Grease which we saw there last year, or my personal favourite Dancing in the Streets which we saw in London (I am a bit of a Motown fanatic!)

I did make the shocking discovery last night that Ed has never seen the film Xanadu - so amazingly crap its a classic - and, even more shockingly, that he had never heard the tune Midnight Train to Georgia before! Surely EVERYONE has heard that tune? He needs some serious musical education - all that dance and house music may have poisoned his brain in his youth ;)



Of course, Valentines day requires cards (apart from last year when I forgot, and will feel ashamed forever more) so I set to making one for Ed the other day. Now, I am pretty useless at making cards, so forgive the simplicity of this one - it just doesn't seem to come together like a scrapbook page for me, but I do like my jaggedy hand cut heart.

I'm off to London later to enjoy the last weekend of my half term - its gone way too quickly for my liking, but at least next half term is really short and it will be Easter before we know it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like valentines night went well!
    I have never seen the film, but have heard the song! As if he had not.........shocking!!
    Enjoy the weekend, I have cleaning, gardening, washing and oh telling the Granparents about the baby.............EEEKKK!!!
    PS Love the card, you dont suck at them!

    ReplyDelete