Monday 16 July 2007

Proud Dad

So here is my latest layout, completed last night. The papers are Scenic Route and Basic Grey, stamping is Autumn Leaves and some Heidi Swapp chipboard letters. I took my colour inspiration from the baby blanket I am wrapped in. I wanted to include both masculine and feminine colours and hope I achieved a good enough balance in the end.

The journalling reads:


Its amazing to see us there together on that fine day in early April 1982, me just a few days old, you only four years older than I am now. I wonder what you were thinking as you stood there, smiling for the camera and holding me so carefully. Did you wonder what the future held for the baby in your arms? Did you imagine all the happy times we would spend, the laughter and the tears? Did you consider where we might be in 25 years? Whatever you imagined, I hope I made you... proud dad.


I'm fairly pleased with the layout overall though the bottom left corner is bugging me a bit! Just don't know if I got the balance right. However, sometimes you know when its time to stop and just let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment