Thursday 12 July 2007

A Moment Captured

So here is the layout as promised yesterday, one of my favourites for a while. Its called 'A moment Captured' and is about the day my mum and dad brought me home from the hospital for the first time.
As I said yesterday, I used Basic Grey Stella Ruby papers (which are absolutely gorgeous by the way) and my trusty Autumn Leaves stamps - Hearts and Stars, Flourishes and For the Record. There is a bit of machine stitching and some hand sewing around the heart frame (this was hand drawn and cut). The title is made using pieces of inkject acetate, one painted with acrylic paint, the other layered over the top and printed with my title in a mixture of Times New Roman and a free font, Will and Grace. This was secured to the layout using pearl brads, which also form part of the decoration. The photo has been given a distressed look at the edges using acrylic paint.


The journalling reads:

A moment in time, my mum, so young, with tears in her eyes, brings me home for the first time. Love you mum x

April 1982


I am really pleased with this layout because it just came together so easily after I had done some initial sketching. Thanks to the many different people who have previously used these heart-style frames on their layouts before - I know its hardly orginial and I'd hate to have to pin down the one I'd seen use it first, but suffice to say it worked brilliantly on my layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment