Saturday 28 February 2009

Over the Rainbow...


When I started teaching four years ago, I was always busy - never-ending marking, unfamiliar lessons to plan, yampy kids playing up for the NQT teacher. But this last week has thrown all that into perspective - its been non-stop work, reading and getting prepared for my first staff residential. I had a folder full of the latest educational thinking to read (if anyone suffers from insomnia, let me know and I can send you this folder to read through - it'll soon solve the problem!) and then we had to plan for the curriculum changes that will take place when we move to the new school. Much as I missed my Friday night vegging out on the sofa, and come to think of it any free time in the whole of last week, I really enjoyed getting to see the vision for our kid's education in the next few years. Its exciting, its dynamic, and hopefully it will motivate EVERY child to learn. As a teacher, you can't hope for anything more.

So scrapping has taken a bit of a back seat. I managed to miss taking my pictures on the 25th for Scrap Your Day, so I plan on taking them tomorrow instead, I don't think it matters too much really. And then next weekend, I get to scrap to my hearts content - I'm going to aim for 7 or 8 layouts over the course of two days, which would be a record for me! So I haven't totally disappeared off the face of the planet, and plan on being a better blogger over the next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, think I'll give that folder a miss! Although, it's lovely if you overhaul things and it leaves you feeling motivated, and that you are going to achieve a positive outcome for the children. Makes it worth doing.

    I've found that I've lost my way with scrap your day, and so am ending my album with my Christmas page. Well done for seeing it through to the end!

    ReplyDelete