Sunday 15 May 2011

Eddie's Album

Seeing as I didn't blog for most of 2010, I thought I would share some of the projects I was working on last year with you now. Probably one of the biggest was an album for my husband. Ed turned 30 last year (he has turned 31 since, showing how poor my blogging actually was!), and his family started a tradition of making albums of old photos for each other's 30th birthday. Now because I'm a scrapbooker, they naturally expected that I would put one together for Ed too.

The trouble is, not being scrapbookers, I don't think they really understood the amount of time I usually spend putting just one page together! I knew I had a big job on my hands, so I decided I was going to have to pare my usual scrapbooking style right back to basics. I wasn't scrapping as much last year anyway - for this I would have to also limit myself to times when Ed wasn't around! I'm not really a fan of this sort of scrapping really - I prefer a more messy and cluttered style with a bit of stamping for preference, but needs must.

So here is what I came up with. I didn't exactly finish the album - there were other photos I could have included, but I think I might have gone mad if I'd tried to do them all. And these pages are by no means complicated, or represent my best work. But I think they suited the purpose fine, and at least Ed now has some pages to record his childhood memories (after all, I've got dozens!). But it is surprisingly hard making pages about photos that you have absolutely no memories or assocations with. Journalling goes out of the window for example. I suppose this is what it must be like for heritage scrapbookers!


































So there we have it. Eddie's 30th birthday present, a lesson in how to send yourself bonkers trying to put together some sort of album in less than a month!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it certainly looks like you were busy last year! I'm sure your husband will treasure the album :) I made an album for my mum's 50th and that was hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to catch up with some of the blogs from Shimelle's classes and its been so long since I visited you! I actually love these layouts - I like the way they are grouped and the titles especially as it must have been hard to tell a story spanning 30 years!

    ReplyDelete