Monday 8 December 2014

Hudson...finally!

I've written a number of blog posts about my knitted hoodie, Hudson. A Martin Storey design that I saw in an issue of The Knitter several years ago, I liked the easy, slouchy look of the garment and decided to attempt it.

As often happens with knit projects, I put it down after completing quite a large proportion of it, being tired of the endless moss stitch and needing a break with other projects. What made this a bit of a disaster in the case of Hudson was that I had decided to knit it in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, only available from one shop in the UK, and I (horror of horrors) ran out of yarn! 'How can this be?' I hear you cry. Well, I had decided to substitute a yarn without knitting a tension swatch. Note to self: never, ever do this again.

Fortunately for me, the wonderful world of Ravelry exists and I was able to find some in exactly the same dye lot that a very kind Raveler sold to me and sent all the way from the U.S. Hudson has in fact been finished now for quite some time, but it was only last weekend that I actually got some photos of the finished object.

So here we have it, Hudson in all its glory!

It's not quite as slouchy as intended, probably because my tension was so far off.

However, it is comfy and that is the main thing.

So what am I working on now? I have picked up my Skuld shawl again - I may even get that finished by Christmas. And I have also cast on all 390 stitches of Boxy by Joji Locatelli in Easyknits Dandy Blizzard. There is some pretty endless stocking stitch involved in that so might have to intersperse it with a few smaller and more interesting knits. I think I will really get some wear out of the finished article though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment