Thursday 23 February 2012

A host of golden daffodils...

Wasn't it a wonderful day today? It was lovely to see the sun after what has felt like an interminable winter of endless grey days. Of course, it will probably only last for a day, but at least it was a reminder of what is to come in the next few months.
 It makes the layout I am sharing today particularly appropriate. This one was created for an ill-fated Scrapbook Inspirations design book, and records some memories of my sister's birthday a couple of years ago in Wimbledon. The tables in the pub were decorated with some lovely daffodils, cue much posing amongst all the guests! I pinched the idea for the rolled paper daffodils from an old issue of Papercraft Inspirations, but I cannot for the life of me remember whose design it was.




I really liked this layout - it seemed to come together easily, included a lot of photos which isn't like my normal layouts, and has an interesting colour scheme which is different to my normal style. It's always good to experiment.

So what has been going on in my life? I've been busy creating a few layouts, I have pretty much used up last May's Cocoa Daisy kit, which takes me onto June - I know, I'm way behind! I've managed to create six layouts from it, which I will photograph and share on here over the next week. It is so unlike me to create any layouts lately, this has to be a recent record for me. I think I have picked up the scrapping bug again.

I have also been browsing the divine issue 42 of The Knitter and am currently purchasing the yarn for this little number. It's all Rowan Felted Tweed and Kidsilk Haze, so not cheap, but I love Rowan yarn and patterns never look quite the same if you make it in something cheaper. I just love the shirred edging and the slashes, and the button up neck at the back - it is such a unique pattern. Of course, I probably won't be able to wear it for a while but by the time I have finished it I will hopefully be back to something resembling my normal weight - I have such a queue of knitting projects!



Finally, we had the excitement of my 20 week scan yesterday. I'm not quite 20 weeks, just a few days under, but baby was looking well and all it's organs were measuring correctly. Despite the scan taking a good twenty minutes, I barely got to see any of it as the sonographer had the screen turned away, but Ed got a good look. He said it was all a bit difficult to make out anyway, though it was funny when the scan started as the baby was kicking away but its head was wedged under my full bladder! I got a little run through at the end and got a little glimpse of its face - it is so strange being able to see this tiny person that is currently all curled up inside me. It is certainly a wriggly one, and an awkward one! At the last scan, it wouldn't lie correctly for a neck measurement, and this time it kept covering its face so the sonographer couldn't check its lips till right at the end when it finally deigned to show us its face.

Unfortunately our scan photo isn't great - it looks like two floating blobs, one its head, one its belly, with nothing connecting them! And it cost us £10 which in my opinion is a bit of a rip off for scan photos, but I suppose the hospital have a captive audience really. We have to go back for another scan at 34 weeks as I have part placenta praevia, so we need to check the placenta has moved out of the way ready for birth. Apparently most do, and at least it means we get to see it again.

We both have a feeling that its going to be a boy, I've thought this since the beginning for some reason, but have decided to keep it a suprise till the end, so will have to see if we are right in July...

No comments:

Post a Comment