Saturday 24 January 2009

Skate!

I put this layout together this afternoon while Ed had taken over the living room to listen to a football game on the radio. A really quick little layout, but I like it - I never scrap in purple so this was a bit of a challenge, and the photo was a really poor, blurry shot I had tried to take of my whole family out skating, which wasn't an easy one to do anything with!


I used Chatterbox Eclectique which I had received as part of a kit some time ago - the paper is really thin which I hate normally, but as I was going to be layering it up on cardstock it wasn't too much of a problem. One of the papers had these funky doodled speech bubbles on it which were begging to be cut out as embellishments, and they fit the theme really nicely.

The photo was, believe it or not, the best of a bunch I had taken on December 27th when my family and various others went ice-skating at the outdoor rink at Hampton Court. A really beautiful setting and a fantastic evening, but taking photos with a compact in those light conditions was next to impossible! I got a bunch of blurred photos with strange light effects. But I didn't want to forget the evening, so I had to scrap one of them, and decided to highlight the strange lighting by using purple and light blue.

I'm off out this evening to a friend's 30th birthday party, but I'm on roll now so expect to see more pages in the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment