Monday 18 May 2009

A New Look

Thought I would finally get around to updating my blog with a page I made for Papermaze recently, about Ed's new look glasses. We spent ages in Specsavers so he could try them all on, and he finally went for two funky pairs of Osiris glasses. I thought the event deserved commemorating since he had worn the previous pair of glasses since he was seventeen!



As you can probably tell, scrapping hasn't been top of the agenda recently - preparing the kids for exams and getting their coursework up to date has taken centre stage, but that is as it should be - this is, after all, a hobby! In my spare moments though I've returned to another crafty love of mine which is easier to transport around and pick up for a few minutes, my knitted afghan squares - I've now completed one row of squares, only about 11 more rows to go! Its a labour of love, but I don't know when it'll be finished - I'm setting myself a deadline of another two years if that gives you any idea of the extent of the project. To give myself a more instant result project to work on, I've ordered some yarn to knit a bag, so I'll let you know how that comes along if and when I get started...

One more reason scrapping has taken a bit of a back seat is that we have bought a new computer. Its absolutely fantastic - so quick and the fan is so quiet its a revelation, but unfortunately its a bit too high tech for our old printer, so I think we are going to have to order a new one. This means I only have a few photos already printed for me to scrap, but at least it means I won't keep printing out new ones before I've done them. It doesn't allow for those random moments of inspiration when you realise you have come up with the perfect layout for a shot though. Still, not too long and we will go shop for a nice new wireless printer and then I'll have much more choice again.
Going to have a nice lazy night tonight, and watch the next instalment of Ashes to Ashes, which I am totally loving - random concept for a show it maybe, but I'm intrigued!

1 comment: