Saturday 23 January 2010

AWOL Blogger sneaks back in, hanging head in shame...

So, I'm back. Once you stop blogging for a while, it's surprisingly difficult to come back - a bit like when you miss a workout on the Wii and then are afraid to go back on it in case it tells you off! I started a class encouraging me to blog everyday and ended up not blogging again for nearly 3 months. That's reverse psychology in operation for you.

I do want to come back and start chronicling my life again though, so this is the start. It may be intermittent, as my job is a lot more demanding of my time these days, but at least I'm going to try for once a week. And you can always follow my mundane existence on Twitter in the mean time...

I have been doing a bit of crafting, mainly knitting, so I thought I'd share some of my trials and tribulations over the next few weeks. The item I'm currently working on is this (apologies for poor photo, it was taken with my iPhone):




It's going to be a hooded poncho, one of the largest items I've ever knitted. Trouble is, this is the third time I've started it, having made mistakes and unravelled it twice before, the last time when I had knitted at least fourteen inches! A valuable lesson for the future: always read the pattern carefully before you start.

I've also discovered the awesome Ravelry, so intend to start more projects soon too. Don't worry though, I haven't completely given up scrapbooking. Some more of my work should be seen in print very soon, and I'm designing more pages for the Papermaze blog over the next few days. I'm also planning a little Valentine's Day book for Ed. It has been proving a little difficult though, mainly because Ed took it upon himself to strip our bedroom to decorate it at the start of November, and then kind of lost motivation at that point, so we have been sleeping in my scraproom ever since, blocking the desk, computer and printer and driving me gradually insane. Men - you gotta love em (or you'd kill em!).

So I'm blogging from my parents computer, and undertaking some more mobile craft projects to try and maintain the remnants of my patience until I have my bedroom back! Wish me luck...

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am so glad you are blogging again. I found your blog through someone else's (as is usually the way) and was hooked, but wondered if there would ever be a new blog!
    I am also a teacher, I teach art in Reading, so understand how difficult it is to find time for crafty things.
    I hope we see lots more of your projects really soon.

    Hleen

    p.s. here is a link to my blog

    http://serendipitychild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel - just started blogging again after a big break myself, and I found each day I missed made it harder to get back to it! I'm determined to make time to craft again tho, and to blog so I have somewhere to record stuff and show my family and friends what i've been up to.

    Missed your blog and your lovely creations, glad to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back!
    Looking forward to seeing more of you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand what you mean about starting again - it feels very difficult for some reason! There seem to be a few people about who have lost all motivation over the long dark winter - here's to spring arriving sharpish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. missed you, glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete